Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Finding Inspiration in everyday life




       I never know when inspiration will grab me. Sometimes I just look at something, in a store, during a hike and.... boom, there go's my mind. What starts as a tumble on free associated images gradually congeals into a image.  Sometimes it's a landscape sometimes a character.   Then there are the big ones......the times when an entire painting arrives in my minds eye. I have at times needed to stop what I am doing and sit quietly for a few minutes until the image is completely gelled in my brain, I once had to pull over and stop driving. After that the image in my head will "bug" me until I draw it. After that starts a process where through small and sometimes large changes this initial inspiration becomes a painting.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Carol. I often find inspiration at the most inconvenient times, like when I'm driving and while my mind is able to wander and ponder the scenery, or just before I fall asleep. I try hard to remember and store my thoughts for later but I'm not always successful. Your work is beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn, Nice to know i'm not the only one who has these "awkward" moments !

      Delete